Look at my new ironing board cover! It was getting pretty ratty, so out came the staple gun. Tada! Good as new again.
With the ironing board fresh and clean, I put in a brand new rotary cutting blade and came up with enough squares for the back of snails trail. I had about 75% of what was needed and tried unsuccessfully to get enough Kona cotton in ocean colors at Joann's. Trying still to avoid crowds, I attempted the curbside pick-up. That was a fail. The online ordering mechanism doesn't filter by whether the fabric is available or not. So it took almost an hour of thumbing through all the shades to find a hue available at my local store. Then, after waiting 4 days for my order to be ready for pickup, everything was cancelled as being out of stock. What a bummer! I then actually went to the store to find something that might work. A grocery store before a hurricane is better stocked than my local shop. Post apocalyptic might be too strong a description, but not by much. So after all that, I ordered from Connecting threads and waited patiently for my fabric to arrive. Lizzie helped my layout the blocks this morning and I am ready to sew the back together. Yay! Small victories.