Monday, January 28, 2008

New Quilt in the Works


I was browsing at Quilting Keepsakes and found this really cool running fabric. I can't tell you how long I spent when I was working on my "Road to a Marathon" quilt trying to find running themed fabric. So I had to order a yard of each! I didn't have anything for the cornerstones, but the stripes for the side pieces were already in my stash. I also needed a border fabric for Carolina Crossroads, so off to the fabric store I went. I should have been grading papers last night, but instead I got a whole quilt cut out. I have enough of the theme fabric for a 5 x 6 setting and then I think I'll back it with flannel so it will be snugly. I'm going to call it "Running Stitches".
I just got an e-mail from my mom saying she loved my new blog. My husband thinks I should put more kid pictures in and call it a family blog instead of a quilting blog. Maybe I"ll hybridize.....
Tomorrow is the Florida primary so there is no school for the kids. There are two tax bills on the ballot as well, so I'll have to make sure I get out and vote, even though there are no democratic delegates for Florida.

1 comment:

Tracey in CT said...

That is going to be a fun quilt! I've never seen running fabric before!!