Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall Monay September 24, 2012

It was a busy weekend with little bits of progress on lots of projects rather than lots of progress on one.  Made quite a few geese and finished up two more Hawaii Sunset blocks. 
There are 108 Midgets up on the wall.  Its full now, so I'll have to add another section to get the extra three rows that I would like to make fit.  I am thinking that a square quilt would be nice in a 12 by 12 setting.  I should really sew those together, they keep falling off. 
Last night we settled in to watch a movie as a family and I finished (finally) hand sewing the binding on Irish Chain.  I got a good start on Orca Bay binding as well which got quilted Saturday, but no photos of that till I take the last stitch. What else?  Cut a scrappy back for Sydney's Teal Crumbs.  Loaded Smith Mountain on the frame.  Didn't even get my school work out of the car.  I'll be regretting it later today I am sure, but I enjoyed the weekend full of quilting fun.  Head over to Judy's blog to see what everyone else is up to on Design Wall Monday.  There are always lots of fun projects for inspiration. 

11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Yah for keeping school work at school!
You had a great quilty weekend so you'll be refreshed for the students today.
Irish Chain looks great...so scrappy with a scrap border and binding!

Judy D in WA said...

This makes me want to start my blocks ahead of finishing the geese. ;0)
Your Midgets are so fabulous! I wish I could see them in person. Each time I look at the picture, I see a different one first.
Nice finish on the Irish Chain! Great, busy weekend.

Teresa in Music City said...

Good for you taking the weekend to relax and re-energize! Looks like you worked on some really gorgeous projects to get that energy pumped too :*) I am so jealous of your Hawaii Sunset blocks - they are stunning! I'm hoping to get back to it this week now that I have stocked my stash with the colors I needed. I am also drooling over your Irish Chain! I have been doing that with leaders/enders for a while now and was losing interest, but your sparkly quilt perked me right up :*)

Teresa said...

It sounds like you had a very productive weekend. I really like the Hawaii Sunset, don't think I've seen that pattern.

Mary said...

Nice finish on the Irish Chain! Love the Midget Blocks. Are they the ones from Sentimental Stitches? Have fun, thanks for posting on DWM.

thread189 said...

Love your Irish Chain quilt

Andee said...

Hawaii Sunset is coming along!

Sheila said...

Awesome!

Lynne said...

I just love that Irish Chain quilt -- some day...

Candace said...

I think I'll have to add Irish Chain to my long list of want to dos. I really love yours.

Kate said...

You've been really busy. Love all your mini's.