Saturday, July 25, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - Last Blue Day

I finally got a camp update from Anna.  She loves sailing tutorials, she rocks at wake-boarding, and she wants a care package. 
Sewing time has still been difficult, but I am planning to devote the morning to playing with some blue scraps.  I got them all ironed and organized before I had to clean everything up for a ZOOM job interview.  I've been tutoring two Chinese girls in the evenings and that is taking up lots of time right now.  The rest has been spent trying to figure out how to get all of our teachers ready to teach kids in person in class and at home simultaneously when school starts again.  I am happy that we have moved back the start day by two weeks.  Maybe by then they will have figured out that the virus is out of control in Florida right now and we are only going to make it worse by cramming a bunch of people together and shuffling them through different classrooms all day.  Maybe.  They did cancel the Republican National Convention in Jacksonville, so at least there is starting to be some acknowledgement that it is a real thing and not just fake news.  My list of people I know who have it is growing.  I'll try hard to to add myself to that list. 
I might make some more masks today too.  The pretty ones all seem to have disappeared. It makes me glad that they are getting used.  I know the college kids are both going to need a good supply before they go back as well as it is a requirement for both of them. 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope you have a chance to play with some blue scraps today, Angela! It's a good activity to counteract stress. Glad Anna is having fun at her camp!

Deb A said...

So glad she is enjoying Maine. I fear our county is in the thick of it with over 100 new cases a day and the number of deaths in the last week doubling. 4 days in at Publix and back to only a handful of people wearing masks again in the liquor store and nothing the staff can say to them! SMH - if you don't enforce it why bother? Sigh.... Hoping all those you know with this virus have a speedy recovery.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad they cancelled the convention and hope you do not get sick or your family!

Teresa said...

Nice rainbow blue blocks...I do like the blocks made up of squares. I am in SC and finally in this State they seem to be getting it across to people they have to wear masks. I was at Hobby Lobby last week and everyone had on a mask and was maintaining social distancing. I was there a month ago, and most people were exercising their "freedom of choice" and refusing to wear them. I mean really, you can't smoke in public places, you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, you have to wear seat belts....why is wearing a mask considered a violation of our freedom. Sorry, did not mean to rant, but believe me, I agree with your concerns.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the Anna update! Sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding time to sew. :o((
Please, please, PLEASE try hard NOT to add your name to the list of people you know with Covid!!!

Mari said...

Good luck with your Zoom interview! I hope it goes well. Stay safe out there. For a lot of us, masks are our master works right now.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for hosting the RSC challenge...I seem to get a lot more done just working on one project for RSC..instead of jumping all over the place make blocks...hope you get some sewing time in...have a great day!

gayle said...

I worry so much about all our quilting friends in Florida and Texas - and Arizona and the other hard-hit states. I hope everyone can stay safe!
I also hope you get some stress-relieving sewing time. Good luck!

Deb A said...

Any hints on the color for August?