Saturday, November 28, 2020

Ending and New Beginings

 For every project that I get finished up this time of year, I dream of what will go on the list for next year. Soul Searching is all quilted up, and I was thinking of doing some variation of a log cabin or courthouse steps with the 1.5 inch strips that remain.   I seem incapable of cutting just enough of the needed subunits and so every quilt seems to lead to another.  I think this is an excellent problem to have!   

Here is the cat quilt that I finished up for a friend from work.   It was small and quick and o so cute!   
Soul Searching was next because I really wanted to get one more done before breaking down the frame again.   With all three kids home right now, it was not the right time to have a huge table taking up most of the family room.  I still have a closet full of flimsies ready to finish, but they are patient as am I.  
Another beautiful sunrise to start the day!   Each day the sun comes up again, ready to continue the cycle.   

I hope that you have started to think about finishing and fresh starts.   I am looking forward to turning the page now, and dreaming of new quilts is a nice way to start to plan for the future.  

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to have a balance of finishes and a new start or two - I'm going for that! Your finishes look great, Angela! Thanks for hosting us each week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am working on a border for the my RSC quilt today. Your finishes look great, I should be done with this quilt soon - thanks for the challenge I wouldn't have done this one otherwise most likely - now I have one or two planned for next year!

Mari said...

You have the most beautiful sunrises! Congratulations on the finishes. They look great, and it always feels good to finish things off. Have a great day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on finishing up your quilt along with your friend's! Yes, dear Angela. I'm already plotting and planning for RSC21. (I'm dragging at least one friend down the rabbit hole with me, too!) More about that in my planning post in 4 or 5 weeks. :o))

Deb A said...

All morning with the kids, time to lock myself into the sewing room for peace and quiet.... Dad can take over with them outside doing lights. Clue 1 and maybe sewing the stashbuster blocks together....

Edith said...

I agree, having bits leftover for the next quilt is a 'good' problem. Love your Soul Searching quilt. Congratulations of these finishes.

Anonymous said...

The cat quilt is so cute! And Soul Searching is awesome! Planning new quilts is so fun.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

beaquilter said...

Two great quilts, I want that cat embroidery set.