The hurricane was a 4 day inconvenience for my part of Florida. For others it was much more. We spent a few days without electricity or internet and a few hours picking up debris and reassembling windblown downspouts. My main consequences came from the 3 days of school lost and having to reschedule all of that. It has been busy! Technically we have a three day weekend with a "work from home" day on Monday. I am scheduled for a college event in Orlando though which should be fun. Kurt has been working on a bathroom remodel for what used to be Sydney's bathroom and will now be part of my quilting studio. I think we are scheduled to pick up the shower enclosure this morning and finalize tile choices.
Looking forward to some sewing time too of course. I did lots of binding during the storm, but having a machine and iron again will be a joy! I do remember digging into the brown bin to make one last Carpenter's Star block. Brown has been long overlooked. I am hoping to make some layout decisions. Sashing would make the sewing together easier with all those seams, but I kind of like the secondary patterns when the blocks come together. It will be fun trying out different ideas. Misterlinky is below. Please share your progress. The beginning of the end is near!