Saturday, July 29, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - Binding Time

I am going to enjoy binding time today.  We just got back from Jamaica and I haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things.  
Then I need to dig into some reds, because on Tuesday we will pulling out the yellow.  I am not overwhelmed with the sunnier side of the rainbow, so it should be a good month for me to play a little catch up.   School starts on Wednesday for teachers, so there will be a big shift in my immediate day to day.  I never fully got into summer mode this year, so it won't be as much of an adjustment as usual.   Our new history standards are making national news, and clearly we are still having a teacher shortage around here, but we are so close to being fully staffed before the first day at my school.   Wish us all luck!

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Jamaica sounds fun! And sewing down some binding sounds enjoyable, too. I'm ready for yellow for August! Have a great weekend, Angela!

Sara said...

Yellow - definitely a color I need to use more often!

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great vacation. Hope you can work in lots of happy stitching time before school starts up again.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to see that you were thinking of the RSC Quilters by sporting that RED swimsuit on vacation, Angela! :o))
Thanks for the heads up about our new Color of the Month. I have an overflowing scrap basket waiting for some attention.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Welcome back! Good luck with the new school year, and thanks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

grammajudyb said...

There are great changes afloat! Locally, our county librarian, who had been with this library for 27 years was fired, for not pulling and destroying books when told to do so by the county commissioners and the library board! I am appalled!

I’m looking forward to yellow! Hope you had an awesome vacation! How can school be starting already??

Nancy in Indiana said...

Wishing you a great start to the school year amid challenging circumstances! I think the teacher shortage is nationwide, and the solution is clear but not what most state legislatures are willing to do. Keep on quilting to maintain your sanity in a crazy situation!