Saturday, July 15, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday Summer Fun




 It is finally starting to feel like summer.  I have been working a few hours most days, but yesterday I had an actual at home all day vacation day and it was so lovely!

I have been busy sewing hexies together into rows.  So far I have finished red orange and yellow.  I really don't have a lot of orange fabrics!  I will see what I can find to bulk up that row a bit.  It has been so nice to settle in with a movie and sew in the air conditioning.  

It is HOT out there.  I try to get out before it heats up in the morning, because once the sun is fully up it just starts to bake.  

We have enjoyed beach walks though, with toes dipped in the water it doesn't feel so warm.  There are all sorts of turtles swimming in the ocean and birds hanging out in the sand.  

I also made good progress on this t-shirt quilt.  If is for the same lady who had me make a quilt for her daughter's wedding last summer.   This one is girl scout themed.  I am not sure if I like the green that I had on hand for the lattice.  I might try something else.  

How is your sewing coming along.  We are halfway though July already! 


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexie blocks in those colors are gorgeous! And the sunrise is, too. The Girl Scout t-shirt quilt is fun to look at, especially for a for a former GS like me! Try to stay cool!

Vireya said...

Your rainbow hexies look terrific!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like the colors of your hexie quilt and the pattern. How large will this be?

Cathy said...

I think the green lattice fabric for that sweet Girl Scout quilt looks nice. But that doesn’t count, of course, if you’re not happy with it! Let me know if you need some orange scraps for more of those gorgeous hexies!

Deb A said...

Love those hexagon blocks. How about black for the lattice on the girl scout t-shirt quilt? It would go good with the green and the yellow cornerstones.

Kim said...

One of these days I'm going to do a Tshirt quilt. Or not...the list grows.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your use of hexies to suggest the sunset is stunning.

Kate said...

Love your hexie project. Hope you get in more vacation time to stitch and walk on the beach. School will be back in session before you know it.