Saturday, October 14, 2023

Scrappy and Happy in October

 


I love seeing what people do with the neutral and makeup months.  I have lost all hope of getting caught up for now but want to play with some light neutrals to add a row to the top of this sprouts quilt that ended up square.  I don't enjoy square quilts as a rule, so I was thinking of adding some blossoms to the top to enlarge it a bit.  The big career fair is next Friday so thing should calm down at work after that.  Kids have been frantically finishing up college applications and asking for lots of help which is great!  It just doesn't leave a lot of time to get the fair ready, so that has been happening on evenings and weekends.  Not a great work life balance at the moment, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel that leads to some quiet sewing time.  

Misterlinky is below, please let us know what you are up to these days.

7 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I really need the make-up months for sure. I spent almost all summer trying to figure out how to get extra activities in to my routine that I didn't make much time for sewing. Now that I am on a better pace for my healthy journey, I am working on a little sewing each week to get back to my quilting routine. Life is funny that way. Can't wait to see all the project come together. Thanks for hosting the RSC each week. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet it's rewarding to help kids with their college and career aspirations! All your hard work will pay off. The sprouts blocks are a fun rainbow of color - have fun deciding what your next step is!

grammajudyb said...

Loving your Scrappy Sprouts! I like the blossoms Gretchen put on hers, but I’ll probably just add to the top and bottom to get a more rectangular quilt. If and when I ever get back to mine!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your sweet Sprout quilt top together and best of luck on the expansion project you have planned for it! Hoping you work/life balance will soon stabilize, Angela.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful colors on your sprouts quilt! Thank you so much for the RSC and the link ups every week.

Helenchaffin said...

Angela my links are #20 & #21 I need #20 removed please,it is my my post page,thanks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats a cute top!!!