Friday, July 8, 2011

Packing

 When the kids started to pack up for vacation, they loaded up on swimsuits and counted out underwear.  The first thing I did was to pick a project to carry along.  I've still got my little baskets for handwork, but I also wanted to have a project for evenings in the hotel room.  There are two projects from Bonnie Hunters new book that both use 1.5 inch and 3.5 inch strips.  I am planning one in blue and brown and one in blue red and white.  
We spent the morning watching the shuttle launch.  There was a lot of low cloud cover, so it wasn't visible for very long.  It is the last launch ever though, so we had to see it go up.  I'll miss being able to pop out into the front yard and see them go up. 
After that we all went out to a movie and then came home to finish packing.  Mom's surgery is scheduled for next week so the tentative plan is for me to catch a ride to Atlanta with the in-laws to help mom out.  She has a girlfriend coming to stay with her for the first few days and then the plan is for me to stay for the next week or so. 

5 comments:

Jan Maree said...

How exciting being ablt to watch the shuttle go up! Good luck for your Mum's surgery. Hope all goes well.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm glad that I got to see the launch in February. Kinda bummed that the program was canceled. A lot more people out of work. :(

Betty Lou said...

How exciting to watch the launch, a good learning experience for the children. Prayers for Mom;s recovery. Keep in touch.

Lynne said...

Yep. I'm with you - when I go away I spend more time thinking about which projects to take than I do about what else I'm taking. Last vacation I didn't take enough for the week, boo-hoo!

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

Jessica said...

Priorities, Angela, priorities with the packing! I would do the same thing! I hope your mom's surgery goes smoothly.