Saturday, July 30, 2011

ScrapHappy Challenged

I am becoming scrap happy Saturday Challenged.  I rushed off this morning to a group quilt along and completely forgot that it was Saturday AGAIN.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to know the days of the week, but summer vacation can be confusing that way. 
So I've got all the bits and pieces made for Goose in the Pond, but only two complete blocks have come out the other end. 
The quilt along was great.  I didn't take a single picture of course, but was busy pinning quilts together all day.  I think the grand total was somewhere around 150 quilts for the day with about 50 people coming and going for some portion of the day.  The group is called Eduquilters and there were lots of kids there who participated in a summer quilt camp earlier this summer.  I volunteered to bring home the scraps and see if I can turn them into pieces for more quilts.
Use the linky box below to show your own Saturday goings on, or Sunday goings on for those of like me with trouble knowing the day of the week.



11 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Hehe, that's okay! I hadn't done one all month and mine is missing blue but it is done. Love your blocks!

Brenda Kay said...

Love the goose in the pond blocks. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love your red white and blue ones. sounds like you had fun too, and got more scraps to play with!

Suzy said...

It was so great to meet you in person at the QAKH quiltathon. I KNEW you looked familiar! LOL! :o)

Quilting By Celia said...

Love your blocks... I didn't do any sewing this Saturday but was very inspired with the Quilt Show I went to... check out my blog for photos of the amazing quilts on display.

Judee said...

Great blocks and thanks for linking.

Lynne said...

What a great turn-out! Yay for you volunteering to bring home the scraps and turn them into quilt-able pieces!

Lynne said...

What a great turn-out! Yay for you volunteering to bring home the scraps and turn them into quilt-able pieces!

Char said...

Ok, so the color for August is white. This will be interesting.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool goose blocks!

Jan Maree said...

Now I never would have guessed the colour for August to be white - that will be interesting! Btw - Love your blocks!