Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally a Weekend


It has been a busy week, and I was SO looking forward to having a weekend to FINALLY get back into the sewing room again.  Right before the holiday break is always a super busy time at school.  Our semester ends and that means midterms are in full swing while grades are being finalized.  My own kids are booked solid with parties and field trips and of course concerts and plays. 

I can't even remember when I got stuck on Rainbow Crumb Parade and left it abandoned and sadly listing on the frame. I was just inches short on backing fabric and had to work out a way to get some added on without entirely pulling it off the frame. Eventually I decided to just unpin the bottom and move the machine over to sew on an extra strip.  I'm so glad I splurged on the extra wide ironing board.  It isn't perfect, but at least it is done.  Orca bay is next on the list.  I'm two and half steps behind now.  I wonder how much catching up I can get done in one weekend? 

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I think you are so smart! I had that problem...ran out of backing fabric. I would never have thought to try and keep it on the frame while sewing more backing on...at least you saved yourself the time to unload and reload!

Unknown said...

Rube Goldberg's got nothing on you! What a riot.

Ellen said...

Problem solved - no problem! Great creative thinking.

Lynne said...

Very clever of you!

Elly D said...

I really like how you have done your crumb quilt. It's looking wonderful!