Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012

First, a big thanks to all the participants who have sewn along  with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year.  Some people joined at the beginning, some joined at the end, and some sewed off and on all year long.  The only real goal of the challenge was to use more scraps by focusing on one assigned color each month.  Each Saturday I posted a linky box for anyone who had worked on a scrap project during the week to share their progress.  Some of us started out with grand ambitions and finished off an entire quilt from time to time, some had more reasonable goals and pulled out a UFO or made a single block or small project featuring the assigned color. 
On Saturday I'll post the last link up of the year so that everyone can show off all the great Rainbow Scrap Projects they have created this year.  At the same time, I'll post a new challenge for 2012 based on the same idea, but with a few changes based on lessons learned during the current challenge.  So, if you've got some great Rainbow creations from the year, start thinking about putting together a post to brag about your accomplishments.  A nice collage or collection of pictures is the perfect way to wrap-up and reflect. 

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Thank you so much for hosting the scrap challenge. I didn't participate every month but I really enjoyed working on my projects throughout the year. I look forward to next year's challenge.

Joanne said...

Well we should really be saying thank you to you. You have kept us on track all year long. I found as I looked at possibilities I tended to like quilts that were not necessarily monochromatic. That being said I did accomplish a few but it seemed never in the month they were supposed to be done. So again, thanks. Joanne H

Judee said...

Good to know you will post this Sat. but what about next week? I have a post in mind for the last Sat. of the year.

Scrappy quilter said...

Thanks for doing such a wonderful job. Although I missed a couple months, I definitely plan on being in the 2012 challenge. Can't wait to see the changes and to get started. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs

Kathy said...

It was wonderful that you took the time to organize and motivate us all year. I was always following along, even if I didn't sew during some of the months. Love the idea and I will continue with what you arrange for next year. I had lots of fun visiting other blogs to see what was sewn. Thank you so much.

Cathy Tomm said...

I have only just joined the challenge in late Nov but love the idea. I hope to keep going for 2012 and use some scraps up. I will be watching out for the new details coming in 2012. Thank You for the inspiration.

Jessica said...

Thanks for hosting, Angela! It was a great thing to be a part of. I will definitely be doing a wrap up post soon. :) Your blocks look great!