Friday, March 27, 2015

Home Again

Being home again after vacation is always so much fun!  After the laundry of course.

My dining room table has been full of Lego Robotics since September.  Not that legos aren't fun, but tables are good for other things too.  
So between loads of laundry, I moved the robotics board out, and replaced it with -- gasp -- dishes.  Shocking, right?
Then I pulled out the strings and started to get a feel for what they will look like together.  These are all sewn together into groups of 4.   Not sure of the layout after that.  Though I like the idea of a row of each color, I'm not sure I have equal amounts of strings in all the colors.  Time will tell though.  

9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

The string blocks are great and woo-hoo for dishes on the table!

Nell's Quilts said...

Love the string blocks with that bit of black breaking up the neutral and colour. This will be a gorgeous and bright quilt. Is the background colour a hint of what's in store for April?
;-)

Angie said...

Great looking strings - I love the clean lines/sharp contrast!

Delighted Hands said...

The string blocks are striking together! Reclaiming a surface is always pleasing; Good job!

Scrappy quilter said...

Those strings are looking great.

Sandy Panagos said...

Your string quilt looks just great!! And what a concept - dishes on the table. Next thing you know, you'll be eating there!

Dasha said...

Woo Hoo! Purple for April.
The strings look wonderful all laid out.
I had to get rid of a table to get the mess of it. LOL

sophie said...

Welcome home. The string blocks are striking!

beaquilter said...

fun LEGOS, my kids love legos and have mindstorm, such a fun thing... lovely strings project.