Saturday, October 24, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - Espresso

Working on brown scraps has been a little fragmented.  I do have this stack of HST units that where leftover from a star quilt that used to live on my bed.
 Last night though we were busy watching Mary Poppins.  Ryan was Michael banks.  Quite a big role for freshman.  He was actually cast unofficially last year before he had his summer growth spurt.  Still, he is smaller than almost everyone else.  Mary Poppins was Kaylee who is in my AP Biology class this year and used to be in my Girl Scout troop oh so many years ago.
Here is Ryan again, he danced, he sang, he acted!  So exciting to watch him last night.  This morning I am off to the 114 acres.  County Commissioner Smith is planning to meet us there to watch the deployment of our camera traps.  Maybe after that I can come home and sew?  Maybe.
Misterlinky is here, please share your brown projects with us all.  October is a long month, so there is actually one more brown Saturday to finish it all up.  Then just one more color this year as we all start to assemble our rainbow projects from this year.  

11 comments:

KaHolly said...

You'll pull those brown scrappiest together! I love watching children in plays! You must have been so proud!

Kate said...

Ryan looks great up there on stage. Hope he had a great time with it.

Hard to believe there is just two more months in the year! Hope you get in some stitching time this afternoon. I think I'm playing hooky from chores and spending this dreary day in the sewing room.

Angie said...

Watching your kids on stage is always an amazing experience! I hope Ryan enjoyed it; you will have wonderful memories!

Julierose said...

Nada, ne rien, nothing done on RSC this week--Le Flu Bibette has bitten me, ugh, hugs, Julierose

Delighted Hands said...

Exciting to see them grow up, isn't it?! He looks fine on stage! I have a home day today for a change! Off to the studio!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a magical night for both of you! I was late to the party last week so hopefully you don't mind if I share my TAX finish again this week. Now onto the next quilt!

Sheila said...

Ryan looks like he owned the part of Michael Banks. I know you are proud. Always enjoyed watching school plays. They grow up so fast. Blink your eyes and they are grown.

Deb A said...

He looks like quite the actor up there on stage! Congrats and hope you find some time to sew today.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ryan had a great time!

Angie in SoCal said...

I remember when my daughter was in Guys and Dolls - had a great time. Did Ryan? Love your rainbow quilt. I say no borders.

Magpie Sue said...

I'm bringing up the rear (again) with my sawtooth stars.
My eldest and youngest children got involved in theater in high school and the youngest is now involved every year with our local Shakespeare company. The elder would be too if she didn't have her hands full with her own brood now!