Monday, November 23, 2015

Bulk Mail Delivered

This quilt was based on giant Postage Stamp blocks.  Eventually I started calling it Bulk Mail.  It is fresh off the frame and hanging to dry after being spritzed with water to remove the water soluble blue marker from the quilting.  Right now I am in the phase of noticing all the flaws.  Tomorrow though, in the light of day, I will think about binding and take some glamour shots.
It is unheard of for me to find energy to sew on a school night, but with Thanksgiving break starting on Wednesday, lessons are winding down quickly.  I even took Sydney to LAX tonight and still found time to finish off the last third of the quilt when I got home.  Amazing!  I think it is the nip in the air that is giving me a new bounce in my step.  A chill has definitely arrived.  We were all scurrying to find long pants and jackets this morning.  I know that doesn't sound very cold to those from up north, but anything resembling seasons is a welcome change for us transplanted southerners.  

16 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am in the process of making a postage stamp quilt also - I expect flaws and see them already - but really with so many tiny pieces it is hard to be perfect - I wash my quilts and dry them - I use cotton batting and it shrinks up nicely giving an antique look - it makes it harder to see all the mistakes too :)

Linda said...

I love your Bulk Mail quilt. Excellent choice of name. Aren't we quilters funny? Always first to look for and point out tiny mistakes which no one else would have even be aware of. I'm looking forward to seeing what binding you choose. Enjoy your Thanksgiving break from routine.

sunny said...

I LOVE this! Maybe this is what I'll work on for RSC 2016! Did I mention that I love this?!?

Angie said...

What Sunny said! I love how this turned out - so much scrappy color! I may have to start prepping some pieces for RSC 2016 as well.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Bulk Mail BEAUTY! :)

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty to see it all together and quilted! Nice work!

Ellen said...

Looks great!It always feels so good to find some high energy days (and precious time) to work on quilting!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bulk mail?! LOVE it!!! Glad you found the energy to quilt on a school night. It looks FABULOUS... even BEFORE binding and beauty shots!!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous - I love it too - and a great way to use even more scraps... I'm with Sunny, I can see this idea in my future!

Beth said...

I love how quilters can make beauty out of the most ordinary things: little scraps of color, all sewn together. Thanks for the inspiration!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, what a fabulous quilt!

Deb A said...

That looks awesome! Sounds like you did the 'do any of your long pants fit' scramble at your house too! I must admit - I have loved wearing jeans the last two days. Enjoy snuggling under some binding as you enjoy your holiday break.

gayle said...

Isn't it amazing how gorgeous a bunch of teeny tiny bits of fabric can be? I love the way the blocks are framed with more bits!

Jennie in GA said...

Wonderful scrappiness...and I live the setting!!

Kate said...

Love how you set your postage stamp blocks. It's going to be beautiful.

KaHolly said...

It's amazing!