Sunday, November 8, 2015

Quilting

I got the giant postage stamp quilt all loaded onto the frame yesterday, but then the kids wanted to go to the fair.  Not the quaint country fair with jam and quilts, but the seedy carnival kind with funnel cakes and scary rides.
So first thing this morning I got up and started the quilting.  The backing is a soft greenish yellow, so I am using a maize colored thread in the bobbin and white in the top.  I am trying to do something fancy in the large white sashing strips.  I'm not good with fancy, but it is fun to try.  First though, the girls want to go shopping.  Apparently they don't have any winter clothes at all.  It was 85 most of last week, but they want long pants.  We will travel north to Atlanta for Thanksgiving, so having something other than shorts and t-shirts might be a good plan.  Hopefully they will shop quickly so that I can come home and quilt some more.  I think there is LAX this afternoon, but not much else going on today.  

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Your fancy quilting looks great to me!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a busy day you're having. Interesting patterns in the white border. I figure you can't go wrong with bubbles.

Delighted Hands said...

Life does interfere with quilt time. I have had that little quilt loaded up for days without a stitch yet. Maybe I will be home this Friday to do something.......

Your fancy stitching is great-nice work!

Kate said...

Hope you are able to get in some quilting time with all the other family activities.