Saturday, February 6, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - Now in Shades of Chocolate



Welcome to a new month of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  It is time to put away all the blue, even if you didn't manage to use it all up.  I know that for many of us, blue just keeps going and going.  That's OK, we will be switching gears this month to shades of brown, and just to keep things form getting too dreary, feel free to add in a dash of pink along the way.
I have not set foot in my sewing room since last weekend, unfortunately, it has just been a busy week.  I had planned on having the new block tutorial out already, but I promise that it will come out today.  If you are really anxious to get started.  The block will be patience corners, and I did a tutorial for the RSC14 Sampler quilt which is available here.   It will be lovely in shades of brown and pink, and should make a nice diagonal pattern as a stripe down the quilt.  You will need 12 6-inch blocks for a large quilt and 9 6-inch blocks for the small version.  For now though, feel free to share your plans and schemes for the brown month.


15 comments:

Karen said...

I was surprised brown was February color but I did find lots of Browns to make blocks.

Deb A said...

I've been concentrating on hand quilting this week... but maybe there will be brown and pink in the binding I need to make later today.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sharing my final RSC 14-15 finish --have my brown scraps pulled but no stitching to share just yet.

Delighted Hands said...

I'm so ready to make the brown and pink patience corners blocks!

Libby in TN said...

I have SO much left over from the Windham line Chocolate and Salmon - glad you included pink as the accent for February!

Kat Scribner said...

I've finally started. I have all the parts of the patience corners blocks cut and now ready to start sewing! yay, the gate is open, I'm off ... Nothing to share today tho

Jo said...

I'm liking the look of the browns

Ivani said...

No much brown on my scraps, but I managed to make one star this week.

Pamela Arbour said...

I was so worried about you because you didn't post all week. You usually post something. I am glad that is was only a busy week and nothing else. I am looking forward to the blocks. I actually had to buy a little bit of pink and brown, but don't tell anyone!

Nanette said...

I didn't touch blue for the last two weeks, and not sure when I'll get to brown...I've bought a new house, move in 11 days and feeling very overwhelmed with all the packing etc plus running back and forth to the new place to talk to tradies and making decisions about paint colours......plus it's been so so hot and humid! In spare moments I do a quick visit around the blogs, but am too tired to comment or take much in. I know, it'll all still be here when I "get back" :)

Scrapatches said...

Linking up today. Thank you for challenging and hosting ... :) Pat

Nell's Quilts said...

Yummy chocolate with strawberry touches. I tried a few Patience corners blocks in the February colours and love the way they came together.

Nann said...

I'm going for cherries with chocolate and caramel with my scrappy brown project.

Kate said...

Lots of beautiful brown blocks this week.

Nancy in Indiana said...

Thanks for the inspiration to work with a color I normally wouldn't have chosen!