I've had more energy to stitch in the evenings since school ended. Funny how not having a job opens up so much more free time! It seemed like a good idea to take stock on Leap Year and figure out just how much more stitching was left. Leap Year was a daily quilt along from 2016, so finishing it up sooner rather than later seems like a good idea. So I started with January, February, March and April. They were already finished and stitched together. May, June and July had all the blocks done, but they just needed to be sewn together. That was easy enough. I had to look back at a calendar of course and remember how many days in each month and which day was the first. May was actually a bit tricky, with 31 days and the first on a weekend, it tried to stretch into 6 weeks. I think I'll just add the first onto the last day of April to keep everything symmetrical. Symmetry is nice in quilts after all.
After that I found that all of the circles were cut out, and most of them had already been prepped with spray starch and a gathering stitch. I sorted through the rest, cut out some more background squares and now have everything all ready so that they just need the final hand stitching. That will be perfect for rainy Florida afternoons and evening movies with the kids.
Before I get too carried away with stitching though, I'm off to see what other slow stitching people have going on at Kathy's Quilts.