Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ending the 1st Week of 2020


 9 Carat Diamonds was a lot closer to done than I thought.  There were plenty of nine patches, they just need to be framed in white and black.   So I got those blocks put together yesterday.  I'll come back for the borders later, but I have a first flimsy for 2020!  
 The hand work has been slow and steady this week.  The light and bright greens are coming together into a row.  With the husband out of town for business, evenings have been quiet. During a bit of new year cleaning, I found a decorative box to keep everything together in on the coffee table.  I saw a different version on someones blog last week.  Blogs are great for sparking ideas.
And finally, the binding on this scrap quilt are about a quarter done.  It was cold for a few days and it was nice to snuggle up under a quilt and sew a  bit.  Then it got hot again.  Not as great for cuddling under a quilt.  
Great beach walking weather though!  The shells have been crazy lately.  I'm about ready to wear shoes! Not wearing shoes is an important part of beach life as it turns out.  I'm learning so much since the move.  
I'm linking up today at Oh Scrap!  and at Kathy's quilts.  You should go and visit to check out scrappy quilts and slow stitching projects.  

15 comments:

Julierose said...

I love your hexagons...they look so pretty--hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That was a great find - all those pretty 9 patches! I like the contrasting dark and light corners. Enjoy that beach, with or without shoes!

Deb A said...

barefoot beach walking is the best! Great progress on the hexie project. The weather is just crazy... I kinda liked the cool but at least there is no humidity for a couple more months!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for progress, Angela!!!

Kim said...

It's mandatory to walk bare footed on the beach. =) Those hexies are looking fabulous and what a lovely quilt is your 9 Carat Diamonds quilt is.

Susie H said...

Great job on 9 Carat Diamonds! Love the alternating black & white.

loulee said...

I'm in love with your nine carat diamonds.
Where do you find the patience for those tiny hexies? They are very pretty.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those hexies - I would hate to walk on those shells without shoes :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love the 9 Caret Diamond quilt! The square in a square really makes the 9 patches look great! Hugs

Cathy said...

Congrats on getting 9 Carat Diamonds to flimsy stage. It’s a gorgeous riot of color! One of my best memories as a kid was vacationing in Florida (I grew up in So Cal) and finding so many shells. Through the eyes of many of us, they’re like diamonds in the sand!

Denise :) said...

Wow, your 9 Carat Diamonds is spectacular! Your hexies are darling! ♥ I love your little decorative box to keep the project in -- makes it feel like decor instead of unfinished business! LOL! :)

Linda said...

I really like your scrap quilt. It gets cold then warm here too, and I prefer snuggling under a blanket. Enjoy your beach walking!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your diamond quilt is just gorgeous and I agree that beach walks are the best. So many pretty shells :)

ابتكار المثالية said...

شركة تنظيف سجاد بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة انشاء وصيانة مسابح بالخبر والقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالخبر
شركة تنظيف فلل بالخبر
شركة تنظيف كنب بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر

Kate said...

Your 9 patch diamonds turned out beautifully, congrats on that finished flimsy!