Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Finish


I just finished up the binding on the Welcome quilt. It still wants a label but is proudly hanging in the front foyer. Nancy Hasn't posted a UFO yet for May, so I'll have to assess and think about what is next. I still need to put the words into the Starlight quilt and I have some more happy blocks to make for a sample quilt for the Girl Scout meeting. I've still got the Double Delight out waiting patiently for borders. Hmm, that sounds like enough to keep my busy for a month without a new UFO to add.
Sydney wanted this quilt to be hers. She says it's OK if I make her another as long as it has a curved edge with different colors. She would also like some of the purple sparkly fabric that was in the doll quilt I made this weekend and maybe some flowers like the ones in the corners, but with purple. I guess it is good that she knows what she wants.

I won the giveaway that Amanda was having for her 200th post!! Make sure you go visit. It is so fun to win something. I don't even know what I've won but I'm still happy thinking of little goodies in the mail. Thanks so much Amanda, not only for having a giveaway, but also for having a blog and leaving such nice comments for us all.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Your Welcome quilt is beautiful! I love the colors and it just looks so happy! Great job!

Zonnah said...

It looks so good!

Amanda said...

Doesn't that Welcome quilt look terrific, you've done a brilliant job on the scallops and the curved binding. I'm so glad you won - the goodies will be in the post at the weekend.

Micki said...

Now that is a gorgeous quilt...what a welcoming quilt that will be for your home!
Micki

Julie said...

It is really gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your welcome quilt is so beautiful!
Love the pineapple blocks and the colours you chose.

Rose Marie said...

What a beautiful quilt to welcome visitors into your home!

Amy said...

OMGOODNESS! I followed one of you "You might also like" links... and came to this GORGEOUS quilt. 2009... where on EARTH was I that I missed this beauty!?!??! {{I think that was the first year of varsity volleyball, and my internet time was extremely limited}}

This. Is. GORGEOUS!