Sunday, September 24, 2017

B-Day

No, its not my birthday.  It is a day of batting, backings and bindings.  If only I had a border to finish, it would be the complete quilting bee day.
 While picking Anna up from her makeup ACT yesterday, we made a quick trip to Joann's for sale backing fabrics.  They have all made a round through the laundry and are waiting for ironing.
 I also found a sale on batting online and am all stocked up for a while.
I got one and a half sides of binding sewn down on this nine patch quilt last Sunday during the Emmy Awards.  I think there is a new Star Trek on tonight.  Hopefully I'll be able to get this one finished off and move on to the other quilts waiting for hand sewing.  
 As far as machine sewing, I decided to use a twisted window setting for my crumb blocks.  I used google images for inspiration and finally decided on navy.  I think this setting will be a little less rigid than the lattice and cornerstones I was thinking about.  There are plenty of these blocks for a quilt.  This is the 5 inch collection.  with the setting they come out to 6 inches.  I also have a 6.5 inch stack, but I'm not sure there are enough of them quite yet.
Then, while I continued the clean up routine, I started turning leftover 9 patches into larger 36 square postage stamp blocks.  These were all leftover from earlier quilts.  Again, I suspect that there are enough for another quilt.  I might just sew these together as is for a true postage stamp quilt, maybe with an interrupter border and then some more postage stamps?  At some point, I might start an actual quilt that isn't the result of leftover scraps from another quilt.  Maybe, but maybe not.
I'm linking up today with Oh Scrap!  and Slow Stitching Sunday

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your little blocks

Deb said...

You have some nice projects on the horizon, happy stitching.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray!! MORE scrappy projects coming down the quilting pipeline!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are really putting all those scraps to good use. I really like your choice of navy sashing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Deb A said...

So glad you stocked up on batting! Looks like you have plenty of bits and pieces for many quilts in the future.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy B-day! I love the binding part! How nice to have several you can be moving along to that stage.

Pamela Arbour said...

You are on a roll. You are going to have some great looking quilts there.

AnnieO said...

Great choice for the setting of your crumb blocks. I like the navy. Lots of bargains and plenty of fabric and quilting in your future. Scraps are overwhelming my sewing room right now but I have too many other quilts to make to start just.one.more to corral them! I like your big 36 patch blocks though, hmmm...

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making great progress moving many projects to the next stage!
Hope you enjoyed you binding!

Judy D in WA said...

Your have really been getting it done! I love the setting for the crumb blocks! So fun!

Ellen said...

So much fun....I love that all of those leftovers are going to be turned into quilts!

My husband watched the new Star Trek and I watched Alias Grace. During the episode they had a scene where they discussed and showed quilts. What a nice surprise!

Kate said...

Looks like you did pretty well with sale fabrics and battings. Hope you've been able to make good progress in getting those tops all quilting and ready for more binding.