Saturday, February 2, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday #5 -- Sunshine Coming My Way

Look at how organized my yellow scraps are!  I almost hate to mess them up.  Almost.  I will need 2.5 and 2 inch squares along with enough pieces to make some Tiny Tuesday blocks.  Those will make a bit of a dent I hope.  Ryan is off at robotics all day and Sydney is at a sleepover, so it should be calm for the most part.  
I used up a ton of crumbs and orphans in this yellow scrap bin.  
 It makes such a nice addition to my slowly growing collection of rainbow scrap bins.  Wouldn't it be nice if someday I could get all my scraps to fit in these and downsize the ugly plastic drawers?  Time will tell. 
 I'm so happy to have a weekend!  We've been working to get our house ready to put up on the market and shopping for new houses on the weekend.  We put an offer something we thought would be perfect and then got outbid by snowbirds paying cash.  That happens a lot around here.  Then they got cold feet and almost backed out, which gave us hope again, but I think they've officially closed now so we can move on from that.  We have our eye on another property now that is in terrible shape, but we think it would be fun to redo it.   While all of that is going on, we are slowly working on getting our house ready.  I cleaned the grout in the kitchen.  It is so shiny and clean!  That is just one on a long list though. 
Digging in to the yellow scraps will definitely go first on the list.  I could use a bit of sunshine and happy right now. 

   
   

14 comments:

Jo said...

I love your rainbow bins. But if i make them i will make a mini quilt to put on top since i find that my open storage gets dusty and then i am sneezing a lot when i sew.

FlyAwayHome said...

I'm also in Florida and can't wait for our warm weather to come back. Love your blog. Thanks for hosting the party!

Julie in GA said...

I'm loving your scrap bins and would love to make some myself--I just need to figure out a place to put them.
Yellow is a great choice for February!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have no more red or any yellow blocks started for today but I will get started on some yellow for sure this week and have something to share next week. I do love those fabric baskets

Quilter Kathy said...

Such pretty rainbow scrap bins!
Hope you find the perfect house and that it's not too much work that takes away from your sewing time!

Ellen said...

Your little baskets are so cute! I am hoping to work on some yellow scraps later this week. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your rainbow of scrap bins! Looking forward to playing with yellow this week!

sewandsow said...

I pulled out all my yellow scraps yesterday...anxiously waiting for Tuesday.

Edith said...

I'm enjoying yellow in February, a good choice. I like your little fabric bins, I had started these, I have three done and two begun, however I stall at the adding the cardboard, I might have to make this one of my One Monthly Goals. Sometimes I just need deadlines (or goals). You are inspiring me.

Shellie said...

I would love to know what you used for cleaning the grout! I have a hard time getting or keeping my clean. Also, love the baskets. I might have to make some!

The Joyful Quilter said...

But, WAIT!!! You're not moving before Sydney graduates, are you?!?!

JanineMarie said...

Thank you so much for declaring February yellow month. We need the sunshine! Funny how your scrap bin was yellow. Was that a hint?

Marti said...

The handles are great ideas on the fabric baskets. I may have to add those to mine.

Kate said...

Hope the house prep is going well. I remember that from the last time we moved. You get done and you think, now I'm leaving and don't get to enjoy it. Good luck with the house hunting.