Saturday, September 19, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - Painting the Town

Each week gets longer and stranger than the last.  The new normal is starting to fall into a pattern.  Kids go out on quarantine and then show up as online learners.  My kids all let me know when they are going to be out that it is NOT because they have Covid.  It is all so strange.  Having a weekend to look forward to has never been more important to getting through it all.  There is nothing special on the schedule this weekend, so sewing sounds like a great plan.  I haven't really started to dig into red yet.  That will be fun!

8 comments:

Deb A said...

I was wondering how things are from a teachers perspective. We seem to have issues with 2 classes of Em's but the rest are doing great. Working through as best as we can for the next 5 weeks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Angela, I am glad to hear that you are doing your best to stay safe in the face of a classroom full of students and a school full of colleagues! I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Goodness knows, you need it! Have fun sewing up some RED fabric scraps, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

If a student did test positive for Covid, you would probably have to go home and quarantine, too. I worry for my teacher friends! Hope you get some sewing therapy this weekend!

Quilter Kathy said...

Have a wonderful relaxing day playing with the scraps!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

and they notify people, and say... we are following protocol.... its all so strange!! I hope you are staying sane and safe!!!

Cathy said...

I can’t imagine how difficult Covid has made life for teachers, students and parents. You are all heroes. Seriously, educators and medical personnel should all be the Time Person of the Year. And then get copious raises and vacations when it’s all over! xoxo

Sara said...

I just can’t imagine how crazy this school year is. Our local school district has had only 3 cases so far in about 2400 students, but our county numbers are exploding, so it’s only a matter of time before it hits schools too. My online students are scattered across the state, and so far I have 2 who haven’t even logged into the class site yet. And we are almost a month into the school year.

KB from Texas said...

I am new to your blog and love seeing all the different ideas you have. I don't know how you do it! Stay healthy, be safe and keep quilting.