Sunday, September 19, 2021

Orange Organization


I will readily admit to being out of the sewing flow since school started.  I'm a bit behind on teal and have just now started to dig into the orange.  The dark month, well, it was dreary around here.   So it felt good yesterday to start pulling down purple blocks (from June!)  and to start assembling the random scraps into blocks.   Crumbs are always fun and meditative, so those were the first to come together.  Then the Sister's Choice blocks were nicely simple.  

I even dug into the hexie bowl and found a treasure trove of prepped and unprepped pieces.   I have a backing for the Chopsticks quilt of last week roughed out, so as I get that put together, I will continue to turn the fabric chaos that is my sewing room right now into some more RSC blocks.  There will be a few holes to fill in when block assembly begins, but as long as life has a few moments of calm, I can deal with those when the need arises.  

I am linking up today with Quilting is More Fun Than Housework to enjoy some scrappy goodness, and Kathy's Quilts where quilter's are slowing down to hand stitching on Sunday.  You should stop by as well and enjoy all the beautiful projects that quilters have to share today.   

15 comments:

Deb A said...

So glad life is allowing you a little fabric therapy right now. Let's hope it is nice and calming before another busy week starts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of orange to play with from the looks of it

Dot M. said...

So glad things are starting to settle down in your world and that your family is on the the mend from their recent COVID scare…..Will there be a pattern this month for Full Stop or did I miss it??? D. M.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely oranges, and great projects you are working on!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad you have a few moments of fabric sanity today. Hexies are great stress relievers :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy to see you transforming some of your ORANGE scraps into quilt blocks!

Maggie said...

Great to hear and see you getting a chance to get to your projects. The heavies looks amazing. Have an awesome week.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great start on your orange blocks Angela. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Ivani said...

I agree with you, Angela, crumb blocks are always fun and stress relief and your orange blocks are so bright and happy - beautiful.

Susie H said...

I'm happy to hear you've had some time in your sewing room again. We all need that "escape" to clear the mind and think about anything other than the usual. Looked like a pretty launch on your previous post. I hope you have a good week, Angela!

ButterZ said...

Good to see you back and playing a little bit.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hopefully those colors chase the dreary away!!

Helenchaffin said...

I think teal passed me by as i have nothing teal but have a good start on the orange, great start on yours as well, I've noticed a lit of video's on crumb quilts & already excited about how to do next years rainbow quilt 🤣

Jessi Millwood said...

Hello, everyone! I'm here to explore blogs and forums about the wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus). I was positive about the deadly virus called herpes and I lost hope because I was outcast and rejected even by my closest friends. I searched on-line to know an enquirer cure for Herpes and I read someone's testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so I decided to contact the same herbalist because I know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God! After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days! I used the med as he instructed (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! it's really like a dream but I am so happy! That's the reason I decided to also add more comments on Him so that more can be saved just like me! and you can get in touch with him via email chiefdrlucky@gmail.com or WhatsApp  +2348132777335 Kindly visit website https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/

Ubong Stella said...

As an ICU nurse, of an amazing 38yrs long career bearing witness to God's great love for us, I know what a medical miracle is!
The first time that I saw an HIV patient cured with African herbs prepared by Dr. Utu Herbal Cure was in my 20yrs of nursing career, I felt God's presence with humans. He guides those he has chosen to live. I am a complete believer in God and I can testify he is so wonderful that he has given us all it takes to survive and save our surroundings!
I have recommended DR UTU HERBAL CURE to HERPES VIRUS patients, PSORIASIS patients, and many others who have come to me for remedy and they ALL testified to have been permanently relieved.
DR UTU can however be reached today on drutuherbalcure@gmail.com