Saturday, September 10, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge -- Rounding out Collections


 It is time to start evaluating my project to figure out which one need more blocks.  Here are the Carpenter Stars so far.  Definitely a need for baby blue, then maybe a lime green and a brown and a black block.  I am liking he way these come together with the secondary pattern.  I pulled baby blue 2.5 inch strips, so that one will be next on the list. 

How are your blocks coming along?  I know that September isn't the end of the year yet, but I am still starting to enjoy the idea of putting some tops together soon.  


 

8 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love your Carpenter's Stars blocks! Some of my RSC projects will be winding up soon too. It will be fun to finally put them together,and see how it turns out! Have a great weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm doing the same thing! This is a fun time of year for our quilting projects. Have a great weekend!

Julie in GA said...

Your Carpenter Stars look fantastic together! That was a great block choice ( and I might steal the idea for next year!)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those Carpenter Stars are looking wonderful and your next color choices sound terrific. It's a little like making refrigerator soup isn't scrap quilting. . .a little of this and a little of that with some finishing touches of that and it is wonderful! Thanks so much for hosting the RSC. I so enjoy seeing all the projects!

Kathy S. said...

I saw the image of your blocks on Instagram this morning and knew right away that they were yours. They look great!

Susie H said...

Your Carpenter Stars are beautiful and I love the way they go together beautifully. Yes, I agree. You need a light blue, lime green, and a black. How about a gray? I think that would be pretty too. Or maybe add the brown and a gray? Oh my! It's your quilt and it is going to be a stunner!

Chantal said...

I love your Carpenter's Star blocks. It will go on the list for future RSC blocks. I too got some RSC blocks out to see what's missing. Jericho Wall is almost ready to become a top. I love this time of year when everyone shows their blocks as tops. Sometimes, I am surprised by how the top gets together, or the layout the quilter decided on. It's fun. ;^)

Ivani said...

Your blocks are looking great together, Angela