Saturday, January 28, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - Wrapping up Blue


 I am so ready to be done with blue!  I finished 31 tiny blue blocks along with some crumb stars and pluses.  I didn't get very far with the hexies, but I cut bricks for a someday quilt.  I am going to start with a tiny pink block for February today and round up the blue scraps which have taken over my sewing space.  There is a quilt on the frame as well, though the stitch regulator is being difficult.  We have tickets to see Evita tonight which I am looking forward to. Kurt agreed to get a series of tickets shows with a local theater company and his choice was Avenue Q.  I think that one isn't until April though. We are trying to do more things out of the house now that we are empty nesters.  
 It was a busy week at work.  I was at a college visit for two days.  That also happened to be the time frame when my new desk was being delivered and I got to miss all the chaos.  We ordered it in June, but supply chain issue continue.  When I came back to work, all I had to do was move my computer and monitors back in and start putting things away.  

How are your blues coming along? Share your end of the month wrap up with us and start to think about pink.

15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see your design wall, especially those tiny blocks! They look like fun! I saw Avenue Q at a local dinner theater - it was a fascinating show. Enjoy Evita tonight, too!

Ivani said...

your design wall is full of beautiful blue blocks. So February will be a Pink month, I am ready to it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I finished one of my RSC22 tops from last year and put it on a post a couple days ago so linking to that finish from earlier in the week.

Helenchaffin said...

I had a feeling pink would be the color for Feb. LoL I'm still undecided as to to the main quilt for RSC, meanwhile I'm working on the color wash method little blocks,great progress on your blues!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

All those little blocks are so fun!
I like the way you move - that was a brilliant plan to let them do all the work haha!!
Enjoy your show!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great work on all those BLUE blocks!! Think about pink, huh? Sounds like a great plan for February, Angela! That looks like a lovely new desk. Here's hoping it's as functional as you expected!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, so many tiny complicated blocks! Beautiful work. Glad you finally got your desk!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I saw Evita way back in 1985 in London (the West End). Great show! Enjoy!

julieQ said...

I just adore all those tiny blocks! Happy last week of blues!

quiltingbydawn said...

Angela, your tiny blocks are pretty amazing! Your design wall is full of great blue project! I'm ready to move into Pinks!

Deb A said...

You got a lot of blue play time this month! I love that you are planning dates now that the nest is empty. Hope you have as much time to play with pink next month.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots of blue blocks on your design wall this month! I will have to dig out my pink scraps for next month's blocks. Thanks for organizing this each week.

ButterZ said...

You have done a lot with your blues.

Carol Andrews said...

Tried to link up but your site wouldn’t let me.

Love the blues, but I’m ready to change colours. Your new desk looks great and congratulations on avoiding the crush! 😉 Carol
QuiltSchmilt@gmail.com
https://quiltschmilt.ca/2023/01/29/to-do-tuesday-126-my-weekly-recap/

Kate said...

Those tiny blocks get me every time. They are so cute. When we became empty nesters 6 years ago (wow that long), it took us awhile to get used to doing things on our own. Having just one, she pretty much went where we did.