Monday, January 16, 2023

Happy Holiday

Three day weekends are such a great invention!   I was able to finish the hand sewing on the binding for another quilt today.  Like Streak of Lightning, this one isn't so much a block as a setting that could be used with any block.   If you look closely, it is just alternating columns of crumb blocks framed out in either white or black.  The columns are staggered, and then an extra strip on contrasting fabric separates each block to visually link the rows together.   
I also loaded a quilt onto the frame and made another tiny blue block.  Number 19 is called paper pinwheel and it is traditionally pieced.   Unless there are crazy angles, I am using regular piecing for anything that is a 4, 9 or 16 patch. I think I will start a page to keep track of the block names.  
 

4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice setting for your quilt.

Kate said...

Streak of Lightening looks really cool! What a fun setting for a set of scrappy blocks. You made good use of your holiday!

Susie H said...

I love that setting! Thanks for breaking it down. I used to think using crumb blocks in the middle of star blocks was the best use but I'm rethinking that after seeing this one of yours. Great job!

quiltingbydawn said...

Your tiny blue blocks will look great in that layout! I’m sure there will be many more colors to come! 😉