Saturday, November 11, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - Three Day Weekend

We had yesterday off for Veteran's day. After taking a few extra days just last weekend, I am feeling quite relaxed. There is a food and wine festival tonight, but otherwise the day is wide open. I hope that means that I can finally accomplish something more than the miles of hexies that seem to be plenty to occupy my attention recently. It would be nice to finish a few things off before the end of the year. Thanksgiving plans have all fallen apart, so there will be some time to sew then. We sadly had to move on the Christmas plans as all of the kids seem to be busy with their own schemes. It is good when they get their own lives, but it is a big adjustment to juggle all of the competing demands. I guess that leaves me more time for my own pursuits. I will have to try to keep looking on the bright side.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Life definitely does change when the kids grow up and start making their own plans - I hear you! Wishing you a restful, but fun weekend!

Sara said...

Hope you get some relaxing sewing done. A food and wine festival sounds like a great weekend plan too.

It was hard to adjust to the new "holiday" plans that had to revolve around the adult kids' in-laws and jobs. But I'll admit that I'm now very happy to have my son-in-law want to take over the BIG cooking on Thanksgiving - even if we have to do those holidays on different days than the actual holiday.

Deb said...

Oh no! I know exactly how you feel. So far, we have nothing fixed for the holidays and even getting a coffee date with the family is getting difficult.
The mid winter blues came on early! Hopefully the stars will align for both of us and we can get in some good quality family time .Maybe we will have to adjust to not having a group just the individuals? Good luck to us both and let's stay positive!

Katie Z. said...

I’m sorry all your plans have fallen apart for the holidays, and I hope it is like you say - lots of rest, sewing, and calm! You have been so busy over the last few years.

Kate said...

It is a challenge once they all get in college to figure out the holidays. We only have one, so it does make it easier if she can't come to us. Hope you get in lots of stitching time this weekend.

Jeanne said...

think positive thoughts.It is very hard to adjust to our growing childrens new schedules.looking forward to see what you accomplish with your hexies