Saturday, December 2, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - Wrapping Up



 It is strange for me to be in the last month of the year without a nice stack of new quilts to finish up.  Such is the ebb and flow though.   Hexies are still screaming my name, and English paper piecing doesn't give you stacks of finished blocks in a hurry.  It has been a long slow labor of love.   The red and orange rows are done and sewed together, the yellow row is ready to be added!  Looks like I still need a few light greens, and then a decision about dark green.  Light and dark blue each get their own rows.  Does green deserve the same attention?  I guess I should think about the dimensions of the final quilt.  That might lead me in a direction.  With hand stitching, there is plenty of time to think about the next steps while zenfully sewing away the hours and days.  

I am so enjoying seeing everyone else finish up rainbow scrap projects. Your accomplishments bring me enough joy while I wait for my mojo to flow again.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am nearing the end of Arkansas Traveler one of my many RSC quilts that I made in 2022, I didn't take part in it this year as I was quilting 5 of the RSC quilts made last year! I think I will piece a new one in the upcoming year

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexies are making a beautiful design! Isn't it nice to have a hand stitching project that's easy to pick up whenever you have a few extra minutes? Enjoy your stitching this weekend!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your hexie rainbow looks amazing! Great for the RSC and slow Sunday stitching. Personally, I would add the dark green row…. Depends on the size you want the finished quilt to be, of course.

julieQ said...

Your English paper piecing is so pretty!! Just love it!!!

Julierose said...

Just beautiful Rainbow hexie wor you've been sewing; you inspired me to take out my hexie project...have a super weekend hugs, Julierose;)))

Sara said...

The hexies look wonderful with the colors lined up in a row like that. They are quite relaxing to hand sew.

Kate said...

Your hexie quilt is really comeing along. They are slow going, but such fun to see come together.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a gorgeous quilt you will have once that labor of love is complete, Angela!!

Chantal said...

Your Hexi quilt will be so beautiful. Love it. IMHO I say add the dark green especially if you add pink to the reds, but there's always the matter of how big you want this quilt. ;^)