Saturday, March 30, 2024

Last Purple Saturday

 

I took the Carpenter Star Quilt out this morning to get a proper photo.   There is the purple stripe and binding in honor of March. 
The border fabric was the same as the backing.  
I have a few more purple blocks to finish off before April begins on Monday.  I have my yellow scraps all ready to go for next month though.   Nothing says spring like a bit of sunshine and brightness.  

We took a quick trip to Jamaica for spring break and managed to catch a bit of a head cold on the trip home.  I think a nice calm day at home is just what the doctor ordered. 

11 comments:

maggie fellow said...

beautiful

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Jamaica sounds like fun, but Isorry you came home with a cold. At least, hopefully, it didn't affect your trip. Looking forward to yellow!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat finish!! my Carpenter's Star will go on the quilting within a couple weeks.

Sara said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! Yay! And I'm excited about yellow for April.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt finish and a stunning sunrise photo, Angela!! Hoping you enjoyed your Spring Break trip to Jamaica. Sorry you brought home a head cold! Feel better soon. Your scraps will wait.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful Carpenter star!!!

Kate said...

The Carpenter Star quilt looks great! Hope you are feeling much better, spring colds are just no fun.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Happy Easter! Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the heads up on yellow for next month.

Susie H said...

The Carpenter Wheel quilt is gorgeous! Love how it looks on the brick. We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon many years (45) ago and my niece was going to go there for her upcoming honeymoon but changed it out for Antigua. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I adore these Carpenter Stars of yours!

dq said...

Thank you for the RSC. I am enjoying it!