Saturday, April 13, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - Spring Yellow

 

Not much yellow went on last week, but I do have a new quilt on the frame.  It has a pieced backing from 10.5 inch squares which took a bit of time.  I still honestly quite low on fabric with enough yardage to make progress with backings and borders.   I will have to keep working on that.   

There seems to be some nice variety of tiny bits in the yellow bin.  Definitely need to finish up some crumb blocks to put those to use.  
The wall is sadly waiting for blocks. I know, it is April 13 already!  Today will be the day.   


If you have a couple of minutes, and have not had a chance, please consider doing a survey for a college business school project on quilting events.

 My daughters BF is in business school working on a class project.  He has a group working to find out the opinions of quilters on the AQS.  If you have a few minutes to take the survey, it would be great!

Florida State AQS Survey



6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Getting a pieced backing made for a quilt is a great accomplishment! Those are always labor intensive, but so fun to see. Have a great weekend, Angela!

Sara said...

Some weeks are just too busy with other things and the sewing takes a back seat. It's OK, you'll catch up.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with feeling that design wall with YELLOW blocks this weekend, Angela!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice peak at the quilt on the long arm! And a great assortment of yellow scraps, too. I laughed out loud at your design wall. I'm sure it will be filled soon.

Susie H said...

Good job getting a backing pieced. That's a lot of fabric put to good use. I took the survey. Hope plenty take it -- it wasn't hard at all or too time-consuming. Hope your weekend is going well.

Allison said...

I'm working on my yellow scraps too. Love seeing yours.