I am back to school starting on Monday. How did summer go by so quickly? I spent yesterday making a memory quilt out of my father-in-laws dress shirts. This one is small so that I could get it done before the celebration of life next weekend. I cut 7.5 inch squares out of the larger parts of the shirt and then used them to make broken dishes block. I cut the extra bits into 2.5 inch strips, so those will be up next.
After that, I made these nautical flag quilt blocks for a baby quilt. They say James which will be his name.
What are your sewing plans for the weekend? I've been using teal blocks as leaders and enders. I think sailboat blocks are next on my list for the baby quilt.


9 comments:
That is a sweet memory quilt, Angela! The broken dishes blocks in different color combinations are a great way to use the shirts. The nautical flags are fun for creating baby's name on a quilt, too. It's hard to believe you have to go back to school already - have a great last few days of your break!
Love the idea of a nautical themed baby quilt!
Yikes - back to school already. This summer really has flown by for you! The nautical flags are such a clever idea for the baby quilt. I'm sure you are getting excited for the arrival of baby James.
The memory quilt you made from your father-in-law's dress shirts sure has great visual impact! The nautical blocks which spell James look great. What a fun baby quilt that will be!
Oh the nautical quilt for James is such a great idea! How did summer fly by so fast? I have a training on the 30th already. I better get a couple of my quilt tops together and quilted soon or I won't beat my personal deadlines. Happy back-to-school season.
Love the baby's name in nautical flags!!! What a great idea and carry through!!!
I hope you'll have a good school year! Summer seems to get shorter each year, doesn't it!
What a lovely memory quilt Angela.
Oh, wow -- school starts already for you in July? That's a nice memory quilt that you made for your FIL's celebration of life. I wish I could have made something like that out of my dad's shirts but my mom had already donated all of his clothing before I got the chance. I know we all process grief in different ways; I think she needed to get his clothes out of their closet because they made her sad every time she saw them there.
Post a Comment