Saturday, July 25, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - On the Road Again

I've been walking in the mornings and there have been some beautiful sunrises over the beach. 

There was not a lot of sewing time, but I got a few free form sail boats ready to add to the baby quilt. Most of the week I was rushing to finish up graduate school work for the week so that I wouldn't have to do it all this weekend.  I only did three half days at work, so it was nice to wade in gently. We have someone new in charge of homeroom and he has all sorts of energy and new ideas. It has been nice to start to hand some things off to the new people. 

We are back in North Carolina today for the celebration of life. Sydney started her new job on Tuesday and then drove up to our place on Thursday so that we could all come up together on Friday. She hasn't really done much at work so far, but I am sure that will change. Anna and her husband met us here. She is so pregnant! The baby isn't due until the end of August, but she is ready. She has a job offer for after graduation, but right now, she is trying to get things to a good spot before the big arrival. 

I sewed a few hexies on the drive, but not much else. I know that I keep saying this, but I am sure things will calm down soon. I need to find some complementary pairs. I have lots of groups of 4 made, but I can't find pairs of dark and light fabrics that I like together. I was trying to do aqua for July, but instead ended up with a few purples. 

No comments: