Saturday, August 1, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - Coming up Sunshine

 A new month is always a new color at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, August is all about sunshine and joy with yellow as the new color. I know that yellow is one of those colors that can be a bit much. I have a hard time imagining an all yellow quilt. As an accent and complement though, it adds a bit of joy and sparkle. So dig into your yellow bin and add a bit of sunshine to your sewing this month. If you dug out purple because I was sewing purple hexies this week, that is perfectly fine. That color will be here next month, so feel free to swap them around. We are all about doing what works for you here at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, just use up some scraps!

Teachers are back to school on Monday. I am happy for me new part time schedule next year. Three days a week is going to leave me more time for balance and spending time with the new grandbaby who is coming soon. He isn't due until the end of the month, but Anna is ready now and wants him to hurry things along. Waiting for a baby to come when they are ready is one of the first patience trials of parenthood. I need to work on his baby quilt this weekend. Maybe there is room for a bit of sunshine with the sailboats? 

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm ready for yellow! I can't believe it's time for the teachers to go back already, but it will be for the teachers in our school district, too, probably next week. The part-time hours sound perfect to give you time with the new grandbaby. Hope you will show us the baby quilt you make!

Sara said...

I'm very excited for yellow!! You've earned the 3 day week, and I'm sure you'll enjoy having a little extra time. Especially after that grandbaby arrives.

Susie H said...

Oh, Angela, yellow + grandbaby + sunshine truly = JOY! Enjoy this time of year and time of your life. It goes so quickly. 🌞🌻👶

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your new part time work schedule, Angela! Best of luck to Anna on her impending arrival. The waiting can certainly be a challenge... ESPECIALLY for a late-summer baby!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Yellow is such a great color! I never seem to have enough yellow scraps. Bet I could fix that!

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a sailboat quilt with dark blue sky around the sails and YELLOW stars, so full support for some yellow in your sailboat quilt project and congratulations on the grand baby!

Ceci

Kate said...

Sounds like you'll have a busy school year. With just 3 days a week, you have to fit a lot into each day. So glad it will give you some time with the new addition to the family.

Rebecca Grace said...

A new grandbaby coming? How exciting! Congratulations!