I have had some time on the road to sew hexies. The focus is on aqua for July, but there are some other colors mixed in because it was May when I packed my travel sewing bag.
It is lovely to be home again. I have spent the mornings walking before it gets too hot and there have been some beautiful sunrises.
Here is a crane who was hiding in the scrub nearby.
Ryan had a birthday. He chose a local hibachi restaurant for dinner and we had cake with candles to blow out after.
I am scheduling this early to post on Saturday morning which is the day that we will be moving Sydney into her new big girl apartment. She starts her job soon and is super excited to start decorating her new place. I am so happy that she will be just a couple of hours away. Also, honestly, exceedingly happy that all of her stuff will be moving out with her! She has so many clothes and books. After being away doing projects at the cabin last month I have been on a decluttering binge now that we are home again.




10 comments:
It looks like you are making good progress on your hexies. Happy birthday to Ryan. For some reason I can’t get my URL accepted so I’m posting as anonymous. Sherry V
It's a busy summer for you! Decluttering does sound good after the kids move out. Hope you have time for some scrappy sewing after the big move!
Your hexi project is looking good. I hope that the move goes smoothly. Have a great week.
It does always feel good to get home and sleep in our own beds. Hope the move goes well for your daughter, along with her new job and life's adventures sure to come with the move.
Happy Birthday, Ryan! Congratulations of your new apartment, Sydney! Kudos to you, Angela, on riding the decluttering wave to carve out a bit of peace in your space.
Beautiful pictures! Good luck to your daughter in her new place!
Happy day for Birthday Boy and yippee for getting more space in your house. Happy that Sydney will be so close by with her new job. Wishing her success in her future! Your hexies look great. Love the motion of them.
That was a lot of good progress on your hexies! I'm impressed she took all of her stuff when she moved! Younger daughter moved over seas twenty years ago and we still have a lot of her stuff!
There was a great advertisement, think it was for Target, when my children were heading off to college and leaving him. It showed a father and his daughter packing the car with her possessions to head off to her new residence. He says, "Your mother would have come with us, but she is just too choked up to do so." Cut to the interior of the home where the mother is gleefully measuring the recently vacated bedroom.
I continue to be impressed by how you always have a hand sewing project for the car. I can read quite easily in car. I've never tried sewing in a car. Don't think my hands are up to it these days. Glad you are able to.
It's nice when you can find sewing time on the road. Sounds like life isn't slowing down for anyone. Hope the move to Sydney's big girl apartment goes smoothly. We did that for our grad school girl last year. It's never fun doing a move in the heat of summer. Hopefully if the apartment is over the second floor there is an elevator!
Post a Comment