I am enjoying purple so much this month.
We had a volunteer come in to the new makerspace at school and do some organization that makes it more functional. Most of the kids just want to use the 3-D printer constantly, but there is also a Cricut Maker. I learned that it could be used to make EPP templates and wanted to give that a try. So I cut out some hexies and then gave the 60 degree diamond a try. My next hand sewing project might just be these 6 pointed stars framed out in diamonds to make an octagon.
That motivated me to get moving on my current hexagon project which I think has plenty of blocks to be sewn together. So here is the purple row, all sewn together!
And since I don't work on Mondays anymore, I loaded this random nine patch quilt onto the frame to cross another UFO off of the list. I think that I was making nine patches for the Sister's Choice quilt that I made for mom. I made a bunch of extras and then they sat in the orphan block bin for longer than you can imagine. As I look at the finished top,
After finishing that quilt, I was nearly out of batting. I used to get big rolls each year Joann's when they were on sale. I checked on Amazon, but the same type of roll that I used to get was about three times more. Eventually, I copied he exact code from the packaging into Google and found that Michaels carries it with free delivery. Yay! So now I have a new roll and am ready for the next UFO. Watch this space for further updates on my UFO finishing progress.
How are your weekend plans shaping up? I went to work on Friday because it was a teacher workday and there was a meeting. I will bank the extra day toward an extra week off in November when Anna wants me to stay with the new grandbaby while she is at a conference.



8 comments:
Your aaker space at school sounds awesome, especially with a Cricut to try out. A new EPP project sounds fun! Have a great weekend, Angela!
Beautiful purple star! I'm glad you're enjoying going part time. I loved it too. More balance between work and home. Plus more time for quilting!
LOVE that random 9-Patch quilt finish, Angela! Congrats on marking another UFO off the list.
Angela, you have clearly got a handle on this semi-retired thing. Using the Cricut, sewing UFOs, babysitting a new grandchild. It’s a great gig, isn’t it?
Your EPP looks like a fun project, Angela. You have some nice projects to work on. Pretty finished quilt too.
How cool to have access to a Cricut. Your EPP projects will know no limits now! Lol! Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
The 6 pointed star is really fun. Hope you can make that one work out for next year. You might check out Linda's Electric Quilters for batting. They have some really good sales on batting, both packaged and yardage.
A lot of people are talking about "what is the October color"? Love your current projects!
Post a Comment