Monday, June 27, 2011

Design Wall Monday June 27, 2011

 I've been doing nine patches as leaders and enders for a while now.  I thought I might have enough for a top, but I think I'm probably only halfway there.  I was thinking of using the same fabric as alternate squares that I used as the lattice strips in my Postage Stamp Quilt.  I think that I have enough, which is nice, because I always seem to run out of background fabric faster than anything else. 
Scraptastrophy was last in the stack of finished tops awaiting Bs.  I went with random blues to keep the completely random scrap theme going.  I have even more random blues ready to piece together for the back.  Maybe a large random log cabin effect?  We shall see.  I'll visit the orphan binding drawer and this one will be ready for the frame.  Perhaps another double loop variation with a floral kind of motif? 
The kids were grumpy about going to swim team this morning but it got us all up  and out, which can be good in the summer.  This afternoon Anna had a visit to the orthodontist.  In between quilting and kids I got caught up on laundry and did some general cleaning type stuff.  Tomorrow looks about the same and then Wednesday and Thursday I'm in to work half a day.  We are coordinating curriculum as a department and aligning the new textbooks to the new standards and end of course exam.  Should be fun. 

8 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

Hi Angela, its interesting to see your 9 patch blocks. I've gradually been cutting 2 1/2" squares and contemplating either a 9 or 4 patch... not sure when I should start joining them together or just keep on cutting...

Denise :) said...

All your blocks look so pretty. I like the random blues you're framing your Scraptastrophy with. Good choice! Your working days sound like loads of fun -- at least it's only half days! Have a great week! :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It sure is handy to use your scraps and leaders and enders and end up with a unexpected quilt! The 9 patches look great.

Brita said...

I can see where you got your name!! I'm amazed at what you've done with just scraps, they're wonderful.

Quilter Kathy said...

So many great projects on the go!

Jan Maree said...

Love, Love, LOVE scrap quilts and yours are gorgeous!

Amy said...

There's always something to do, and YES about having a reason to get the days going during the summer.
GREAT use of those ol' blue fabs for the setting triangles, borders AND backing!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Very nice! I love the scrappiness of your 9-patches. I am hoping to get some sewing time in this week! Leaders and enders are so great aren't they - no stress, just sew a bit here and there and before you know it - a quilt top! I love how you used all those blues in the other top. Make a bunch of fabrics work together. Cheers! Evelyn