Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quilting for my Supper

My neighbor and friend Sheila made a quilt while staying with her new grand baby.  She didn't have any quilting supplies but needed a project and so made a template from a cereal box and begged some scraps from a relative. She brought the top back with a flannel blanket of some sentimental value and asked me if I could quilt it for her.  As payment for my services she offered to make supper.  She brought over a fabulous meal with pulled pork, french bread, baked potatoes and green salad.  The kids were all very impressed and wanted to make sure that I got the recipe.
The quilt didn't take long to quilt up and all I've got to do now is hand stitch the binding.    The girls had another great day at surf and art camp.  Dinner conversation was filled with terms like "caught a really good wave" and "needed more wax for my board".  I think there will be some surf board shopping in our future.  After swim team Ryan came in to school with me to finish off the odds and ends.  They had been in to wax the floor yesterday and it all seems so much more pleasant than it did before.  I've still got decorative fabric touches to add, but I'm waiting for another Joann coupon to get the supplies for bulletin boards and such.  The only thing I have to do tomorrow is afternoon carpool so Ryan and I are planning on a jammie day.  I can't think of many things better than summer vacation. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

AMEN to your last sentence! :D
Food payments are always nice! Your post reminded me of the homemade icecream cake I received for quilting a former student's quilt. Your pulled pork sounds YUMMY!

Judee said...

That pulled pork sounds yummy. Did you get the recipe?

LuAnn said...

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The meal sounds delicious, and I know she appreciated your quilting.