Thursday, June 30, 2011

Handwork

We've got several long car trips coming up in the next few weeks and I thought it would be nice to have a simple handwork project to pass the hours.  After sketching a basket pattern on scratch paper, I made a template and used freezer paper to prep a stack of blocks.  I tried out back basting and needle turn applique thinking I would do it that way, but it didn't look nearly as nice.  I also finished marking the border on my hand quilting project, so maybe I can get that one finished up soon. 
The last two days were for curriculum planning at school.  It was nice to go in and have some time to get everything organized and ready to go.  So with Honors Biology taken care of, I can focus in on AP Biology for a while again.  I don't think I want to take a whole stack of books and binders to the beach, but maybe I can just e-mail some of the pdfs to myself and work on the I-pad.  There is a new number book out by Janet Evanovich as well, so I won't be bored. 

4 comments:

Miki Willa said...

These are very cute.

Deb A said...

Very pretty! My next midget block has applique.. and I'm going to try the freezer paper method. Wish me luck!

Amanda said...

I've been doing some prep work today too, for some hand work to take on holiday with us. I always get far too much ready though, living in hope.

Ellen said...

Your baskets look really cute. Lucky for you that you can work while riding in the car without getting motion sickness!