Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finishing Up



My finishing up never happens on Friday.  Or rather, the finishing up on Friday is always work related.  It was a calm day at home though, allowing plenty of time to stream holiday movies on Netflix while quilting up a storm. First up is a less wonky photo of Rainbow Crumb Parade.  This one makes me smile because I can remember where all the little bits came from.  See the tiny pink triangles?  Those are from Mom's Chemo Quilt.  And the purple, they were leftover from Lilac Potpourri, which was leftover from Anna's Purple Beauty.  Crumb quilting is such a nice way to revisit the ghosts of quilts past.
Next up is the four square quilt which I got quilted today. Kurt voted strongly NOT to have another border, so I left it at one and got it all loaded lickety split this morning.  Both quilts are still in need of binding, so that might be on the agenda for tomorrow.
The only other thing we accomplished today was gingerbread houses.  Sydney wanted to make them out of real gingerbread until she started reading the recipe.  Then we all voted to go with good old fashioned ready made graham crackers instead. 

I just updated my margins and am excited to see that the WIP list on the right is down from 17 to 14 and the Finished list on the left is up to 27 for the year.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Well done all on the "gingergread" houses. I am about to launch into some of those crumby quilts myself early in the new year so you are an inspiration :0). Not attempting anything before though - too much life stuff cruising through. Hugs and blessings

Unknown said...

Holy cow! All that sewing and Gingerbread houses? Hats off to you and your adorable elves.

Jessica said...

I love looking at that scrappy quilt! I can't wait to do that with mine when it's done (remembering when I used fabric!)

Jane said...

That's what I love about scrappy quilts, remembering where the fabric has been used before. I really do like that quilt, great way to remember the year too

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What sweet gingerbread houses! Your quilt are beautiful, congrats on the finishes!

Lynne said...

I'm not sure what graham crackers are - we don't have them in Australia. We refer to savoury biscuits as crackers and I can't imagine using them to make "gingerbread" houses. Nevertheless, your kids look like they had fun "faking" it!

Andee said...

Beautiful quilts and kids and love the gingerbread houses!