Monday, December 3, 2012

Mini Monday - Snails Trail


This is Midget Block Number 104. It is called Snails Trail.  It was paper pieced in four simple sections with a minimum of fuss.  The hardest part of this block was getting the darks and lights marked on the patter to make sure the colors went together in the right order.  Shakespeare in the Park is a quilt on my someday list, and snails trail is one of the units for that.  I've always thought it was clever in how the color placement interlocks and give movement to the block.
I have all the block up on the wall now, and with the five that I have ready for handwork, I only need three more blocks to get to my 12 x 12 target size.  WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!  Just three more blocks.  The block will all be done this year for sure.  I am starting to get SO excited about finishing off these blocks.  SO EXCITED.  

9 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty and so very small!

Angie said...

One of my favorite quilt blocks and love the colors!

Judy D in WA said...

Love the colors of that block, love the colors on the block model's fingernails. She is so darn cute!

You should be excited, that's so much work over such a long period of time! I have no doubt you will have a finished quilt soon!

Anonymous said...

I've always had a soft spot for Snail Trail blocks. Like the colors you chose!

Lynne said...

I really like that block and your colour choices are so pretty, as is your model.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

It is sooooo adorable! I had to google "Shakespeare in the park" I MADE one of those, alooooooooooong time ago. Way back in 1995 It is still sitting unquilted too! That quilt will be lucky if it lays flat when finished. I have learned a lot since I made that quilt. Never knew that was the name of it. Mine is blue and white and really scrappy too. It was the 2nd quilt I ever made. I don't know where the pattern came from. I will have to check my blog to see if I ever put a pic of it on there, probably not. But it is listed on my forever long list of needing to be quilted.

Deb A said...

Oh, I have Judy Martin's books and that is one on my list of 'to do's also! Love your little block. Very cute.

Teresa in Music City said...

What a wonderful little block! I love the intricacy and movement in the Snails Trail block! And your colors are fun and bright.

Andee said...

I can't quite wrap my head around on how small the peices are in this block..WOW. This one is absolutely amazing!