Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slowdown Sunday

We are home again!  It is always the best feeling to come back after a trip to your own house again.  I am glad that we split both drives in half.  Because we were going to be staying at a hotel once we got there, I successfully argued that we might as well stay at a hotel on the road to avoid being in the car all day.  So it is just lunchtime and we are already settled in with a nice afternoon at home to look forward to.  As soon as the first load of laundry was started and the car was mostly emptied, I started rooting around for fabric choices for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt.  I am thinking of keeping the green and blue while substituting red and brown for the yellow and orange.  It will be a bit darker, but it will fit in with my decor better I think.

Next on the agenda is finishing off the last little bit of binding from the three quilts that came along on the trip.  The blue and yellow quilt is done completely while the orphan block quilt on top has about 6 inches left.  I think the green one on the bottom still needs an entire side.  Normally I would finish one off before starting another, but every time I tried to pick up a quilt, someone was snuggled up in it. Binding is such a nice activity for the car, especially when everyone wants a quilt for company.  

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You accomplished a lot of stitching on your trip!
I love the image I got thinking of your little ones snuggled up in quilts with half finished bindings :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What size are the quilts you bind in the car? I can't envision being able to keep a bed-sized quilt under control in the car ... so I do hexies. We just returned from a short trip ... got quite a few hexies basted, though. I'll have to go read old posts to see where you went. ;-)

Deb A said...

Wow, you got a lot done! I had to laugh..... Easy Street is on my bed and I have yet to finish the binding on it! Oh well, it has kept us nice and warm during these cold nights. Glad you are home safe and sound. There is no feeling like your own bed after a trip.

Kate said...

Sounds like a good trip both ways, as well as a productive one. I'm using brown in my version of Bonnie's mystery, as well as teal and orange. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sounds like you made great progress. I got 200 hexies basted but I am too tired to post anything today. I really enjoyed basting them in the car made the trip a whole lot less boring. I will have to try binding sometime.

Amanda said...

Glad you had a good trip. I can't manage to sew in the car, sadly, as it makes me queasy. I'm ok with knitting though.

Andee said...

Glad you are playing along and changing it up. It is always so much fun to see all the alternate colorways! :) We were gone quite a bit over the long weekend too and I agree with you--nothing like finally getting home!

Dasha said...

Button worked a treat!