Friday, July 10, 2015

Homebody

 It is really hard for a homebody to be gone for three weeks out of a month.  I am home again now and it feels so good!  We had a great time on our trip though and the kids very much enjoyed getting out and about.  Yesterday we went to the White Water National Training Center near Charlotte North Carolina.   It was built to train athletes before the Atlanta Olympic games, but now it is an outdoor adventure center with rafting, kayaking, biking, hiking, and zip lining.  There are no pictures at all of the rafting, which was quite intense.  Sydney and Anna both got thrown overboard at some point, but we fished them out again and went on our merry way.  I did get a photo of everyone geared up for the zip line.  I'm not crazy out heights, but I did the mega zip with everyone anyway.  Very exciting!
We also visited Carowinds, which is theme park sitting right on the border between North and South Carolina.  They have LOTS of roller coasters.  I liked this one with hexagons displayed at the entrance.  Ryan and Sydney said it was the best roller coaster EVER.  It is 325 feet high with speeds up to 95 miles per hour!  I took their word for it though, as my roller coaster quota had already been met for the day at that point.
I did get quite a bit of applique and hand quilting done during the cumulative 21 hours of driving.  I will pull it all out on Sunday for show and tell.  First though, I haven't been able to visit with my machine in almost a week!  I think I have a few blocks all prepped that I can put together before dinner.  

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a great time on your trip. Looking forward to Sunday's post!

Delighted Hands said...

How exciting! I would have sat on the sidelines and held your gear for you! lol Welcome home!

gayle said...

I hit my roller coaster quota in 1982...
Glad you had a good time. And hope you now get to have a good time with your sewing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

So glad that you had FUN, but we missed meeting AGAIN!!! I live only 2 hours from Charlotte and have wanted to take the guys to that White Water place for ages now. Bummer!!

Sheila said...

Sounds like you and your family had an awesome time!

Nell's Quilts said...

A day of chills and thrills. What an awesome adventure for all.

Kate said...

Sounds like an adventurous trip. Drama Teen did some zip lining while we were in Florida. I'm not a fan of heights, so I kept my feet on the ground.