Sunday, July 12, 2015

Slowdown for Sunday

 I woke up bright and early this morning ready to finish off the quilting on Mai Tai Sunrise.  I'm ready to make binding next.  I was thinking pink, but now that I look at it next to the top, I'm not so sure.  Maybe I'll dig a bit deeper into the stash.  Hopefully I can get the binding machine stitched down this morning and spend this afternoon slow stitching with a movie marathon.
 The quilting on Mai Tai was a freehand swirl, it doesn't really show up much, but it adds nice texture.
 I honor of Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts, I pulled out the Orange Peels finished up on our last trip.  It looks like 18 blocks got hand stitched during the driving time, all while enjoying an audio book with Kurt while the kids watched movies in the back.  His family is already planning the next vacation, so there will surely be more Slow Stitching to enjoy soon enough.
The poor t-shirt quilt was left awkwardly hanging out not quite done on the floor when I decided to finish up Mai Tai Sunrise.  It will be next on the list.  Just a few borders and I will pop it onto the frame.  I have a fabric in mind for the backing.  

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lots of great projects to keep you busy...enjoy your stitching today : )

Deb A said...

Great job on Mai Tai! It looks lovely.

Delighted Hands said...

So nice to have a line up for the sewing room! This newest quilt is stunning!

Kate said...

Good luck with the binding search for Mai Tai Sunrise. Enjoy your movie night!

Julie in GA said...

Your Mai Tai Sunrise is looking great! Maybe something brighter than the pink would be better for the binding. Enjoy your slow stitching later today.

gayle said...

I'd go with orange for the binding, but I'm sorta fixated on orange lately (orange for all the things!) so you probably shouldn't listen to me...
(Love Mai Tai, by the way! Even without an orange binding.)

Daytona Damsel said...

I am not sure about the binding color but I love the quilt.

Debbie

Kevin the Quilter said...

Mai Tai Sunrise is awesome! Congrats!

Kaja said...

Mai Tai Sunrise looks great. I agree with you about that binding but hopefully you'll find something you're happier with.

Julierose said...

Mai Tai is so lovely--hard choice to make for binding--good luck hugs, Julierose

beaquilter said...

Uhhhh LOVE the quilt, I'm sure you figured out the binding color now, but I would maybe do a grey or black or scrappy! white might work too.