Sunday, November 29, 2015

Home Again and Busy with Plans

The 7 hour trip home took more than 8, but there was plenty of time to stitch up 15 Orange Peel blocks along the way.  I guess that is to be expected on a holiday weekend.  It feels so good to be home again!
When we were unpacked and laundry going, I started firming up plans for the RSC16 Challenge Quilt.  It is, of course, possible to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge without joining in to the sampler quilt fun.  Many people are perfectly happy working on their own projects and blocks throughout the year.  For those still searching for inspiration though, I will be posting tutorials for a column-along quilt.  I even gave the new quilt its own tab at the top of the page to keep track of the new blocks as they are published.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

8 hours in a car would drive me over the edge. I envy that you can sew while riding. I can knit but haven't been really successful with sewing. Of course, that could be directly related to the fact that we drive winding country roads to get to a lot of places. The alternative is I 95 which is generally a mess!

Delighted Hands said...

I can appreciate all you accomplished on the drive!
I'm looking forward to the new year's project!

Kristi said...

The column layout is so tantalizing! Looking forward to the first color!

Pamela Arbour said...

I am looking forward to this year's challenge. You have a creative idea. It should be very interesting how this turns out in a scrappy version.