Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lime Alternate Blocks

At this point in the year, I think most of the people making the Sawtooth Sampler have gotten the alternate blocks down.  There was a square count back in June, but now that November has rolled around, it is time to start finishing everything up.  You will need 24 lime green 2.5 inch squares.  16 of them will be sewn into 8 four patches.  Six squares can be sewn together to make "twosies".  The last two blocks are combined with yellow to help transition.  Basically, the lime blocks form a big "M" shape over the top of the two lime blocks.  Fill in the rest of the "X" blocks with 4.5 inch squares and you are good to go.  These are the last alternate blocks. You are ready to sew your blocks together and start pondering border options.  

6 comments:

kingdom quilter said...

I make most of my quilts out of scraps and somehow this led me to your blog soscrappy. I've been following the 2015 scrap quilt for the past 6 months. I'm hoping that I will be able to follow along and complete the 2016 quilt. You are amazing in the amount of quilting that you are able to do while teaching school and raising a family. You are an inspiration to me! I'm a retired Kindergarten teacher, although I still sub, but I still do not accomplish half the quilting I would like to. Thanks for sharing, Kathleen

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Hi Angela, I have to say that I LOVE the lime green blocks, I find they just sweeten up to whole quilt. I am busy making the X blocks and love how this quilt is coming together. And yes...the borders are going to take some comtemplating.

Deb A said...

I'm going to modify a couple of the end squares to go with my border. Wish I would have realized that before sewing the green and yellow ones... but oh well! That late night of not sleeping got me to realize how I want to finish this quilt off at least! Now to find time to finish making the all the alternate blocks!

Delighted Hands said...

Such a pretty section of quilt but I like the way they all work together!

Kate said...

This was a great RSC sampler, wish I'd played along this year. Looking forward to seeing all the versions of this one next month.

Andee said...

I have not made much progress on the alternate blocks...just too overwhelming for me in parts...I have lists and stuff made and crossed out and ....lol. I will get it together eventually!