Saturday, November 7, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - Lime in the Coconut

I am in a mode for finishing as the holidays start to approach and the end of the year nears.  These OMG Churn Dash blocks might just be next on the list.  I have a note that says I will need 20 "X" blocks and 40 "O" blocks.  So I'm almost done with green nine patches, but I'd better get busy on the alternates.
To celebrate the new month, I have just finished the last drawing for the fabric giveaway for 2015.  Thanks to random.org, Karen at K's Quilting Korner is the the winner of a packet of hand dyed  fabric in lime green made especially for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge by Vicki Welsh.
Vicki and and I have been busy planning out the colors for next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  It may seem early to be thinking about next year, but planning a new quilt is the best reward for finishing.  Hopefully some of your RSC15 quilts are ready to come together and you have started to ponder plans for RSC16.
You might notice a new button in the right hand margin, you can click on it or follow this link to find out more about what we have cooked up for next year.
Here is the Sampler quilt I made last year with Vicki's hand dyed fabric for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  It still needs a border, backing and binding, but plans for next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Quilt are already underway.  In fact, firming up plans for next year's challenge quilt might be just the motivation necessary to start getting this quilt finished up.
Misterlinky is below so that you can share all of your lime green and finishing posts.  Have a scraphappy Saturday!

14 comments:

Marly said...

Great lime green blocks Angela. I was just wondering what you have in store for us next year!

Julierose said...

Lovely lime green blocks--are you going to set them all together?? Especially like the nine patches....hugs, Julierose

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's a beautiful quilt! :)

Delighted Hands said...

What a beauty! Looking to finish this years in the next month!

Karen said...

I am so excited. Thank you. Last night I was looking for lime fabrics and I only found a few lime 2.5" squares. I am already looking forward to the 2016 rainbow challenge. Thanks for lots of rainbow fun.

Deb A said...

What a beautiful quilt! Must start putting mine together this month I think. Congrats to Karen on the win. I need to go make my post... and hopefully I can get more sewing in today and tomorrow.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, yes - I've been pondering 2016 projects for weeks now . . . looking forward to playing with my green scraps this month, too.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's a masterpiece Angela!
You are so creative! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up next!
I'm at the decision point on a lot of my RSC projects, and having a new project to plan might encourage me to get on with it!

Kate said...

Love your sampler. I'm a bit sorry that I didn't participate this year. I'm looking forward to next year. Lots of ideas in my head, but haven't picked one yet.

Nell's Quilts said...

The quilt is spectacular. Great choice for the RSC15 and no doubt, RSC16 will also be wonderful.

Turid said...

Great lime blocks. And I couldn't wait until next year to jump in, so I made something lime today. Don't know if I'm able to link up here.

Turid said...

Oh my, I came in sevaral times. You just have to remove some of them, thank you.

Heather said...

Hmmm....sneaky hints! Only 10 color palettes for next year? Does that mean there will be a bit of a change up in the way RSC will be run? We usually have 11, right, and December to finish it up???

Anonymous said...

All the lime blocks look so cheerful and your quilt is stunning Angela. Interesting that there are ten colour palettes, I'm as curious as Heather about what next year holds