Saturday, November 21, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - Lime in the Coconut

There were enough lime green postage stamps to make these 12 postage stamp stars last weekend.  That means there will be enough for to put a row in each of the twin sized quilts that these will turn into.  Now I need to decide whether to sew these together and have another quilt ready to go, or keep working on quilting some more on the finished stack.  It is a quiet weekend at home!  I am so excited to be able to putter around the house for two days.  The girls want to bake for Thanksgiving.  Ryan needs a haircut.  That is all that needs to be done for two entire days.  I can't wait!
I do plan to spend some time this afternoon firming up the plans for next year's Rainbow Scrap Sampler.  Vicki Welsh has planned out some custom dyed fabric  based on next year's theme color and I am designing a row a month quilt.  It will be smaller than this year's quilt, and use a variety of block sizes.  Check back later today for more details.
Mister Linky is below so that you can share your own rainbow scrap creations with us all.  It has been really exciting for me to start to see finished quilts coming together as the end of the year grows near.

17 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Baking and Sewing sounds like a great combo..especially if the girls do most of the baking and cleanup and you just get to taste test :)

LA Paylor said...

Hi Angela, I accidentally put my link in twice, doh! please feel free to remove one since there is no remove button for me. Love the lime in the coconut! LeeAnna

Kate said...

A weekend at home is a very precious thing, enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for next year's sampler.

Quiltdivajulie said...

My RSC energies are now focused on finishing up my liberated birds for Just Wing It. The Stroop Project has become a multi-year effort as I won't get back to it until after 1/1/16. Enjoy your weekend at home!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Enjoy the gift of weekend time! Sounds like nice family time at home, too. The sewing time will be great for you!

Angie said...

The lime green postage stamp stars will make a great pop of color in any quilt! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kat Scribner said...

Have I missed something? I have my connecting squares cut according to the list. I've started assembly beginning at the top. Got to the brown/purple connector, and I still have 12 brown 2-1/2" squares leftover. I have made the 3 connector blocks in the top row.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh the new row by row sounds so fun!!! I will check back!!

Enjoy your puttering, and get some relaxing in too!

Andee said...

I am excited for my first row a month quilt! Bring it on! Now to finish the last two!

Raewyn said...

Next year sounds tempting already! I am excited with how my scrappy stars quilt is looking so far - thanks Angela!

gayle said...

I love Saturdays!
I've started sewing together my rainbow stars - it's almost a quilt (top)!

Quilter Kathy said...

Can't wait to see what you have up your creative sleeve!
Enjoy a more relaxing weekend!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and I'm in for RSC2016! Looking forward to it.

Magpie Sue said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your weekend. You certainly deserve it! Love your lime postage stamp stars.

Angie in SoCal said...

You had a lot of lime scraps - lucky. They came out great. Have a restful and productive weekend.

Kristi said...

Looking forward to row by row!!

Sheila said...

Love, love, love your lime green star blocks.
And I absolutely love ROW quilts! I'm so looking forward to next years RSC group project.