Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler 2016

The block this month is a nice simple one called Patience Corners.  I chose it for the nice diagonal secondary pattern that it will make in a column.  
 For each block you will need the following pieces:
4 - 2.5 inch squares of "background" (I chose pink, but very light brown will also work)
4 - 1.5 by 2.5 inch rectangles of brown
4 - 1.5 by 3.5 inch rectangles of brown.
 Start by sewing a small brown rectangle to one side of each square.  Press toward the brown.
 Next, sew a large brown rectangle to one side of each twosie.
 Now you have 4 identical subunits.  Arrange them so that two diagonal corners have the brown side toward the center of the block and the other two have the brown side on the outside of the block.  Sew together as you would for any four patch.
When your block is done, the brown will make a visual figure 8.  The block should be 6.5 inches at this point.  it will finish at 6 inches in the final quilt.  You will need to make 12 blocks for the large quilt and 9 for the smaller version.
Keep scrolling down to the last post for today's linky party.  I'll link the PDF of this block to this post as well as the RSC16 Sampler tab as soon as it is done.  

8 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Started these blocks today. Thank you for the sampler pattern ... :) Pat

Nell's Quilts said...

Love this little block. It goes together so well.

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a great block! Thanks for the sweet tutorial, it has me really inspired! Mickie in Pennsylvania

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Now that is pink and brown--came out cute and I may have to try some--I don't have any scraps as I got rid of all that before I moved down here in the fall--so all my scraps are from larger pieces of fabric--and in the end I am 'creating' some scraps!! did work on a pink and brown dress and it is nearly done--( actually it nearly done me in!!)
and I think I just figured something out--I wondered why so many of your followers where doing more than one scrap project in that months color each month--so is it because each Sat in the month is scrap Sat and one is to work on a block --what can I say--sometimes things take a while to 'click' with me--
hope you have a great week--
love and laughter, di

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great color combo!

Kate said...

It's going to be an interesting sampler.

Jennie in GA said...

Live pink and brown together.

Deb A said...

Off to make this one this morning. Finally getting a chance to play with brown this month.